After two years absence, Strætó’s night buses from Reykjavík city center will return on 9 July 2022.
Last Friday, a newly elected Strætó board came together, and they all agreed on bringing back Strætó night buses from the city center.
The board is responding to the call of capital area residents for increased service a more diverse transport options from the Reykjavík city center. Strætó will use as environmentally friendly buses as possible.
The following service will be tried out until September, at which time it will be re-evaluated based on usage and customer satisfaction.
7 night routes drive from city center
7-night routes will drive from the Reykjavík city center and to various neighborhoods in the capital area. In 2020 Strætó only had 5-night routes.
- Night buses will drive from Reykjavík city center on Friday- and Saturday nights
- You can only use night buses on routes from the city center. Not towards the city center.
- Buses do not drive according to a traditional timetable. Strætó only publishes the departure time from the city center and buses drive to their destinations as quickly as possible.
- Customers that want to catch the night buses outside the city center are advised to follow the buses real time location in the Klapp app, Strætó app or on straeto.is.
The following routes drive from the city center on Friday- and Saturday nights.
- Route 101: Hafnarfjörður drives from the bus stop Lækjartorg B at 01:20, 02:25 and 03:45. The route drives up Hverfisgata, Snorrabraut, Kringlumýrarbraut and to Hamraborg. After that, the route drives Hafnarfjarðarvegur, Reykjavíkurvegur, Lækjargata (in Hafnarfjörður), Hringbraut (in Hafnarfjörður), Strandgata, Ásbraut and to Vellir.
- Route 102: Kópavogur drives from the bus stop Lækjartorg B at kl. 01:40, 02:40 and 03:40. The route drives up Hverfisgata, Laugavegur, Suðurlandsbraut, Grensásvegur and Kringlumýrarbraut. After that the route drives through the neighborhoods Smárar, Lindir, Salir, Kórar and Hvörf in Kópavogur.
- Route 103: Breiðholt drives from Hlemmur at 01:30, 02:40 and 03:50. The route drives down Hverfisgata, past Ráðhúsið, Háskóli Íslands, through Bústaðavegur and to Mjódd. After Mjódd, the route drives a circle in Breiðholt through the neighborhoods Skógar, Sel, Fell, Hólar and Bakkar.
- Route 104: Úlfarsárdalur drives from the bus stop Lækjartorg B at 01:25, 02:30 and 03:35. The route drives up Hverfisgata, Laugavegur, Suðurlandsbraut, Vesturlandsvegur and to the neighborhoods in Grafarholt and Úlfarsárdalur.
- Route 105: Norðlingaholt drives from the bus stop Lækjartorg B at 01:29, 02:29 and 03:29. The route drives up Hverfisgata, Borgartún, Sæbraut, Vesturlandsvegur and into the neighborhoods Árbær, Selás and Norðlingaholt.
- Route 106: Mosfellsbær drives from the bus stop Lækjartorg B at 01:34, 02:34 and 03:34. The route drives up Hverfisgata, Laugavegur, Kringlumýrarbraut, Miklabraut, Vesturlandsvegur, up Höfðabakki and into Grafarvogur. There it will drive through the neighborhoods Foldir, Rimar and Staðir and into Mosfellsbær.
- Route 107: Seltjarnarnes drives from Hlemmur at 01:20, 02:00, 02:40 and 03:20. The route drives down Hverfisgata, past Ráðhúsið, through Suðurgata, Hjarðarhagi, Ægissíða, Nesvegur, Suðurströnd, Lindarbraut, Norðurströnd and Eiðisgrandi.
Fares on night buses
- Customers that use Strætó‘s fare medias, like Klapp card, Klapp app, Klapp ten, Bus card or Strætó app pay the same fare that is used during the day.
- Customers with 1 month are 1 year’s bus cards can use them on night buses.
- Strætó will try for the first time to have payment terminal on board night buses. Customers that want to pay with debit- or credit cards or cash will pay 1.000 kr. for Strætó night buses. Bus drivers do not carry change.
|Single fares with Strætó's fare medias||Prices|
|Youths, 12-17 years old||245 kr.|
|Senior citizens, 67 years and older||245 kr.|
|People on disability*||147 kr.|
|Other types of payment||Prices|
|Payment with debit- or credit cards or cash||1.000 kr.|
*Aðeins er hægt að fá öryrkjaafslátt í Klapp greiðslukerfinu.