How it works
- 7 night routes drive from Reykjavík city center on after midnight on Saturdays and Sundays.
- You can only take night buses in direction from the Reykjavík city center. Not towards it.
- Routes begin their trips either at the bus stop Lækjartorg B or Hlemmur.
- Buses do not drive according to a traditional timetable. Strætó only publishes the departure time from the city center and buses drive to their destinations as quickly as possible.
- Customers that want to catch the night buses outside the city center are advised to follow the buses real time location in the Klapp app, Strætó app or on straeto.is.
Departures from Reykjavík city center on weekends
Fares in night buses
- Customers that use Strætó‘s fare medias, like Klapp card, Klapp app, Klapp ten, Bus card or Strætó app pay the same fare that is used during the day.
- Customers with 1 month are 1 year’s bus cards can use them on night buses.
- Night buses will have card terminal on board. Customers that want to pay with debit- or credit cards or cash will pay 1.000 kr. for Strætó night buses. Bus drivers do not carry change.
|Single fares with Strætó's fare medias||Prices|
|Youths, 12-17 years old||245 kr.|
|Senior citizens, 67 years and older||245 kr.|
|People on disability*||147 kr.|
|Other types of payments||Prices|
|Cash, debit- or credit cards payments||1.000 kr.|
*People on disability can only get this discount through Klapp ticketing system